Accountant in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Accomplished accounting management professional with a solid 15 year track record of success in leading and driving improved visibility, controls and costs; consistently exceeds goals and expectations.
• Experienced in driving compliance in highly regulated environments. Prepared reports for regulatory agencies. Provided detailed explanations, schedules and documents to auditors and tax preparers.
• Excelled in motivating and developing engaged high performance team. Evaluated, hired and coached team members to understand the concepts not just the process.
• Influenced and led several software implementations and upgrades to best meet the needs of the business. Customized reports and processes as needed. Trained end users.
•Created annual budgets with department managers, analyzed variances and created forecast.
• Instituted tighter controls for a growing 300 -employee organization with over $100 million in annual revenue.
• Continually identified new areas to improve efficiencies, automation and costs. Reduced monthly closing time ~33% from 15 to 10 days. Achieved by developing new procedures, changing expense report deadlines, and automating numerous processes for the team.
Accounting system experience includes Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon), Adaptive Planning, QuickBooks, Great Plains and SAP.
Can function as part-time Controller or Accounting Manager to assist clients with monthly financial reporting, financial projections, budget preparation, as well as, writing policy and procedure manuals, implement or upgrade accounting systems and evaluate the accounting staff.