SHAIDUL MOHAMMAD ISLAM (B.....)
210- 720 Kennedy Road,
Scarborough, ON M1K 2B7
Cell: 416-728-... Home: 416-267-...
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Advanced Diploma in Business Administration –Accounting, Centennial College (ON, Canada)
• Over 5 years of experience in customer service positions and retail industry
• Over 2 years of experience in book keeping positions and office administration
• Diploma in Business Studies (London, United Kingdom)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business (Bangladesh),
• Advanced technical skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Quick Book, ACCPAC, Photoshop
• Proven leadership and communication abilities within a multicultural environment
• Knowledge in accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, petty cash, bank reconciliation
• Knowledge in business communications, retail and operations management, marketing and human resources
• Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
• Work to solve customer problems, issues, and concerns
• Maintained appropriate standards of confidentiality and security of assessment
• Good organization and time management skills
• Hard driven personality with extremely strong level of tenacity
• IELTS Band Score: 5.5 (2004 British Council)
• Valid drivers’ license and access to own vehicle and
• Ability to learn product and market information quickly
• Ability to work with technical data and specifications
• Certified Health Care Advisor for the company and responded to basic customer enquiries
Student Ambassador/Student Advisor Aug 2013- Present
Enrollment Services- Student recruitment & liaison, Centennial College, Toronto, ON
• Represent Centennial College at various recruitment events such as convocation, information evenings, service fairs, open house and college fairs.
• Respond to in-person, over-the-phone inquiries from new & returning students on college programs, requirements, and services including enrolment procedures, admission requirements, assessment testing, transfer credit, PLAR process, student services & timelines, etc.
• Assists students in resolving problems with their inquiries and complaints by consulting appropriate college staff members and referring to College policies and procedures to ensure quick resolution.
• Coordinate mail out of college marketing materials (View Books, Full Time, CE calendars) as requested by external community members.
• Record tour requests from prospective students and administer tours at all campuses.
• Provide Triage assistance including answering and making phone calls from and to prospective students, current students, families, high schools and college counsellors.
• Attend regular staff meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
• Input new student profile information on Banner.
Concierge/ Security Officer (Part-Time) Mar 2011-Present
Paragon Security Protection, Toronto, ON
• Greeting Customers, Managements, Employees/ Assist visitors with wheel chair and special needs
• Maintain professional appearance, tone of voice, and manner
• provide basic first contact advice and support to clients as appropriate
• Perform light business duties/ Receive and deliver parcels/ Provide personal errands for employee
• Ensure the security of the buildings through visual inspection, regular Health and Safety checks and the monitoring of the CCTV system.
• Take action in the event of a fire or emergency/ Log any reported maintenance issues
In-Field Sales Representative Aug 2010-Mar2011
Direct Sales Force, Toronto, ON
• Engaged consumers in order to promote the features and benefits of financial service products
• Showcased the benefits of the daily rewards programs that come with being a valued member
• Achieved daily, weekly and monthly targets
• Performed general administrative duties including filing, faxing, photocopying and mailing correspondence in a timely fashion
Customer Service Team Manager Dec 2005-Jun 2010
Boots the Chemist, London, England
• Lead, managed and directed the daily activities of a fast growing merchant support team
• Handled cash register and accurately processed transactions including cash, debit, credit,gift cards, store cards
• Managing inventory and worked collaboratively with other departments to ensure the smooth work flow of the store
• Managed proper documentation for all business transactions including invoices, service, and sales
• Performed stock counts as assigned, and completed all sales related paperwork
Accounting Clerk/ Bookkeeper Feb 2005-Jan 2008
Flash Real Estate, London, England
• Processed full cycle A/R and A/P and accurately entered financial data into the computer system
• Prepared cheques and deposits, official letters and mortgage documents and took care of lease administration
• Handled billing and completed monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports
• Responsible for petty cash, including dispensing funds and monthly reconciliation
• Maintained and prepared all book keeping records
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Advanced Diploma in Business Administration – Accounting 2013
Centennial College, Scarborough, ON
Courses included: Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Managerial Accounting, Business Communication, Auditing, Human Resource, Canadian Securities Course, Quick Book and ACCPAC, Customer Service, Taxation
Higher National Diploma in Business Administration 2006
London Guildhall College, London, England
B..... (Accounting) 2000
National University, Dhaka, Bangladesh
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP: Certified General Accountants (CGA), Toronto, ON
REFERENCES: Furnished upon request