➢ Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), Oracle, QuickBooks and ~65 wpm
➢ Ability to exercise confidentiality and attention in-detail to take challenging assignments.
➢ Confident public speaking and ability to engage and communicate in all leadership levels.
➢ Work well independently under pressure, self-directed to collaborate well as part of a team.
➢ Strong work ethic, analytical, problem solving, self-motivator and organizational skills.
➢ Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
➢ Project Accountant at Olson Kundig, Seattle, WA (September 2015 - Present)
• Working on Deltek Vision to track, approve and post weekly timesheets (160 employees)
• Entering and reconciling payroll deduction changes for running mid-month and monthly payroll.
• Submitting electronic file for bank and retirement plan contribution related to payroll
• Filing monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll reports and taxes
• Taking ownership of assigned project billing from beginning to completion.
• Prepare monthly invoicing bills for Project Manager and Partner review; revise as needed
• Practice analytical skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrate the ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
➢ Tax Accountant at NHKC (CPA Firm), Bellevue, WA (October 2014 - September 2015)
• Prepared personal and corporate tax returns using Ultra Tax
• Worked on payroll for different clients using Accounting CS and Creative Solution Accounting
• Facilitated with audit assignments for rental property clients with Caseware
• Compiled and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions
• Performed month end, quarterly and year end closing, excise and bank reconciliations
• Experienced establishing processes and coordinating multiple teams to facilitate timely and accurate deliverables
• Analyzed large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior management
➢ Staff Accountant (Contractor) at Robert Half, Bellevue, WA (May 2014 - October 2014)
• Did AR/ invoicing to clients on a regular basis for weekly time and expense and travel-related expenses (lodging, airfare, car rentals) incurred by over 200 contractors throughout US
• Ensured direct-billed expenses are rebilled to clients timely and assisted with payroll duties
• Maintained a reconciliation between re-billable expenses incurred and rebilled to clients
• Managed and maintained revenue forecasting tool, bank deposits, cash receipts
• Worked with TimeshEasy, GAS, QuickBooks, and Monument - VMS
• Tracked overdue accounts receivable and followed up with clients
➢ Tax Professional at H&R Block, Everett, WA (Oct 2013 - April 2014)
• Established relationships with clients who return for assistance on a yearly basis
• Prepared or assisted in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses, reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger and resolve accounts payable
• Specialized in data entry, matching, batching, coding, check-runs, expense report processing, 1099 tracking, and journal entries, reporting from sub-modules in ERP System
➢ Payroll Accountant at Hotel Arts, Calgary, AB (Nov 2012 - July 2013)
• Worked with ADP, Ceridian Insync & Time Labour Management Systems
• Managed, processed, and timely submit bi-weekly payroll data
• Audited daily revenue and labour expense reports, year End payroll/T4 process
• Assisted with monthly tracking and reconciliation of multiple benefits and payroll areas
• Reviewed annual federal and state taxes and resolved payroll discrepancies.
• Worked with management and human resources to ensure execution of both Payroll and HR initiatives
➢ Tax Analyst at KPMG, Calgary, AB (Oct 2009 - Nov 2012)
• Prepared and reviewed corporate and personal tax returns.
• Reviewed tax provisions for the larger audit and non-audit clients.
• Interacted with clients and other team members.
• Assisted senior staff members in all aspects of corporate tax initiatives.
• Assisted in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
• Prepared, reviewed and advised on corporate, personal and trust tax returns.
Thompson Rivers University
BS in Accounting & Computer Science
• Information Desk - Group Health Medical Centre, Bellevue
• Susan Komen - Run for cure
• Ambassador/Artist - Bellevue Arts Museum
• Accounting & Finance Expo Fair - UW
• Youth Advisory Committee Member - City of Seattle
• H&R Block 75 qualifying education credits - US Income tax
• Petroleum Accounting - Petroleum Accountants Society of Canada
• WSCPA Associate
• Strategic Networking Group
• Life Skills Coaching